This is a wonderful antique brass eight-light transitional (half gas, half electric, now all wired for electricity) chandelier, patent dated September 29, 1896. Originally, the four upper lights were gas and the bottom four were electric. The chandelier begins with a Sheffield-style canopy with shell-like ribbing, which comes down in a pole to a bell-shaped, grooved body attached to a large round disk. An inverse, ribbed bell extends from the bottom of the disk and finishes in a smooth ball finial. Four simple bobeches, originally used for gas, rise from the edges of the disk, and the four spherical shades hang from the bottom of the disk. For the collectors’ sake, we did not drill the gas keys but ran the wire on the outside. This light fixture is in excellent condition, and the glass is also in excellent condition with no cracks or breaks, just the expected fleabites around the rim. The chandelier has been professionally rewired and comes with all the necessary attachments for modern installation. The width of the chandelier 15 ¾”, the length of the chandelier body only is 16” tall, and the overall length is 37 ½”.