An incredible antique brass Neoclassical six-light chandelier, originally half gas and half electric, now all wired for electricity. Dating between 1898 and 1902, this fixture has a beautifully aged patina. The chandelier comes down in a six-sided pole to a body beginning with a bowl-shaped section with an intricately cast beaded edge, resting atop the main portion of the body, which is capped with a finely ribbed appliqué. A crown-like border, ornamented with a fleur-de-lis pattern with small flowers and underlined by a laurel garland, encircles the body. The arms are attached to the rounded underside of the chandelier by acanthus leaves. Three of the arms, originally gas, are composed of gracefully curving volutes, to which are attached the torch-like bobeches, each with a beaded gas key. Between each gas arm is an electric arm, each holding a simple shade holder and its original fluted milk glass shade. The bottom of the chandelier body finishes in a teardrop finial. This light fixture is in excellent condition, and the shades are in very good condition with no cracks or breaks, just the expected fleabites. For the collectors’ sake, the gas keys have not been drilled. The chandelier has been professionally rewired and comes with all the necessary attachments for modern installation. The chandelier body measures 25″ wide and 16″ tall, and the fixture is 36″ long overall.